1) When does football start?
*Note all medical forms must be turned in prior to the first practice or players cannot receive their helmets.
PRACTICE DATES FOR 2018:
- Equipment Handout August 12 – 5-6pm
- Conditioning – August 6
- Practices – August 13
Mites (3rd/4th) & PeeWees (5th/6):
- Equipment Handout TBD
- Conditioning – August 13
- Practices – August 20
- Jamboree – August 25 (Rain date August 26)
2) When and where is practice?
Practices are held at Bog field. Until school starts, we practice four to five days a week. Once school starts, practices move to a three day a week schedule announced by the coaches.
3) What is the cost?
- $175.00 which includes the use of all equipment your child will need except for cleats, cup, and socks.
- If you have already registered but you have not yet paid for football, click here to pay for football or send your check for $175 (+ $15 late enrollment fee if after June 30th) to “York Youth Football – P.O. Box 411, York, ME, 03909”
- Open registration is from mid now through June 30th of each year. This is the official period but we accept new players up until the first practice with a $15.00 late fee.
- If you are old school (just kidding) and would like to check out our schedule online click the link the appropriate links in the left navigation.
- Please go to your app store in your phone and search for “TeamSnap”. Download the app (see the preview pic below) and use your username and password from registration to access your child’s team roster and schedule as they happen. Later on, this will be an invaluable tool for communicating with other parents, getting updates to the schedule or practice changes right in your pocket!
4) What team is my child going to be on?
The Mites team includes children in grades 3 & 4. Pee Wee team includes children from grades 5 & 6. The teams are divided into grade 3 & 4 (split into an A and B team) as well as grade 5 & 6 (split into an A and B team). All teams are drafted by the coaches with a balance of skill and talent. The A team tends to be the older players. The B team tends to be the younger players.
The Junior team includes children from grades 7 & 8. The teams are divided into an A and B team. The A team tends to be the 8th graders and the B team tends to be the 7th graders.
SMYFL currently does not have a weight limit cut off.
5) What days of the week are games?
This year YYF will be playing games on both Saturdays and Sundays, although you will never have a game on both days during the same week. Pee Wee teams (3/4 and 5/6) typically play their games back to back to make it easy on parents with children on both teams.
6) Where are games played?
The website and TeamSnap will list directions to home and away fields. The website lists the locations and directions to the away fields.
7) When is registration?
Registration is online and is open (see link in navigation of website) from May 1 through June 30th of each year. This is the official period but we except new players at any time with a $15.00 late fee. You may pay online with PayPal, a credit card, or choose to mail in your payment to:
York Youth Football
P.O. Box 411
York, Maine 03909